OBI Mission Statement
The mission of Olean Business Institute is to offer practical academic programs designed to provide each student with a pertinent and timely career education, while supporting his/her personal, professional, and social development in a caring environment. The college seeks to promote interpersonal and team skills applicable to a diverse workplace, to encourage critical thinking, to integrate relevant information and communication technologies and skills, to give students tools with which to make ethical decisions, and to engender the desire for life-long learning.
To demonstrate its commitment to this mission and to the communities it serves, the college will:
• ensure quality, relevance, and currency in all courses and programs.
• adhere to accreditation criteria and standards to maintain the academic and administrative soundness of its programs.
• promote the understanding of individual differences and foster appropriate attitudes for working effectively in functionally and culturally diverse teams.
• offer accessibility to all qualified students.
• provide personal attention to students in a caring, supportive environment.
• promote and reward excellence in teaching.
• be responsive to human resource and training needs of area employers.
• provide opportunites for lifelong learning to community residents.
• provide continuing educational opportunities for OBI graduates.
• foster the spirit of volunteerism and community involvement.
• foster a culture of excellence, inclusion, collaboration, and respect for diverse ideas.
• encourage and support active, engaged learning activities for all members of the college community.